I also realized that I had completed my artwork plan!
|Farewell, Plan 1|
- I did "lots of art, anything." And I had taken "any art job, even unpaid."
- I had gone over all of my artwork and selected a portfolio, then updated my website.
- I researched publications that might be suitable for my work
- I looked into art schools and their admission requirements -- and, even though it wasn't the plan, I met with one and got admitted with advanced standing!
- I started drawing every day on the bus, launched this blog and founded a creative action group, NONE of which were part of the plan.
- Do art. Anything. Lots of it! Get my work out there.
- Redo my website in html.
- Keep up my blog. Get to know the Ottawa art scene, and become part of its online community.
- Analyze how I can move into an art career: jobs, timing, feasibility with a second baby, feasibility of going back to school. Consult a financial planner.
- Design and print promotional card(s).
- Research more publications, online and print, to pitch my illustration to. Send out the cards to 10 art directors/creative editors.
- Research agents. Send the cards to 10 agents.
- Explore Ottawa or illustration societies. Join one.
Okay, world! I'm putting it out there. And, most importantly, taping it on my studio window. After all, it worked the first time.