24 January 2011

Nodding and responding

Drawing and blogging about the city goers in my little world has planted a little seed of curiosity. Is anyone else doing the same thing?

Turns out that OttawaStart.com keeps a list of Ottawa Art blogs. Most are actually portfolio sites, with nothing to follow, but some of them I love! This weekend's find: Dharma Arts Magazine. I love the format and design; it's a truly web-based design, rather than a print publication slapped onto a website. You'll see what I mean once you start clicking! Real estate agents should mimic how Dharma presents this Peace House.

My creative action group (for which this book was the inspiration.) convenes at my house for the 4th time this Friday. We gather in the hopes that rubbing shoulders will encourage our solitary-maker efforts. We've yet to solidify into a core group. Different people show up each time. We still don't communicate much between meetings and the group has yet to really embed itself into our lives.

I'm trying to figure out what else I can do to make it more than just a pleasant two hours a month. Although, of course, that's quite a bit better than nothing. It's the one time every month where I speak up about my art and actual humans (other than my dear mate) nod and respond!

No comments:

Post a Comment