18 July 2011

Bus Blog in Munich

July 3, 2011

I got back to Ottawa last weekend with 7 more flights under my belt. I think I'm beginning to hate air travel. One flight featured an hour's worth of severe turbulence -- I wept and even the stewards looked grim -- but I survived to give my wonderful in-laws some airport chocolate in thanks for helping my man take care of a full-time job and a sick two-year-old. Wish I'd had a few more moments to get things for my loved ones, but when think tanks take you touring, they leave no minute unscheduled! 

All in all, Bus Blog would like to recommend you visit Germany. It's interesting, and complex.

A couple of drawings from Munich: above, a new synagogue in Munich, built of stone brought all the way from Jerusalem. Apparently when it's lit up, the diagonals appear as Stars of David. Wish I could've seen that.

July 3, 2011

And this is BMW World. I regretted that it was me there, instead of Jeff. The building was designed to look like a hurricane, with the eye to the right of the hourglass shape. The sinuous walkways are delightful. Inside, newly whelped cars pose in wait for their new owners. Terrific.


More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment