30 May 2011

A shout-out to Blogs of Note

There are so many talented and interesting people out there! This is such a comfort to me today. Have you ever looked at Blogs of Note? Just the last few alone are so inspiring.

One blogger apologises for how boring her page is, when it's literally post after post of beautiful, collaged cards. 

Another quotes one of the elderly people she transports in her Patient transfer van:

"You know that song, Dust in the Wind?  Well, that's what I think of when I see the Rocky Mountains looming in my backyard.  They make me feel small.  It's good to feel small.  Things change, moments pass, nothing lasts forever.  I don't need a kidney transplant.  I've lived a good life.  I'm satisfied."

Some days I think it would be better to fight death to the last breath. But accepting nature's way seems more akin to my temperament, on the whole.
***
Goodbye, JB!

No comments:

Post a Comment