08 March 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I think I talked about learning Adobe Illustrator last week. I spent way more time on it since then than I should have. I love learning these programs. When I taught myself Photoshop, I just read the help files from start to finish. It took weeks.

But the common look or feel of Illustrator art disappoints me a bit. Everything has that cheerful, coloured-shapes look to it, with those sharp, sharp edges. It's not to say I don't like it, just, there's that sameness. And it's an awful lot of program to learn and master -- you really have to bend your brain around it. But I'm having a good time with it anyway.

I've got no bus art today. I spent 1.5 hours getting to work and an hour getting back, with nary a drawing to show! There was much, much, much standing. Oh! The standing. The extra-funny part about not posting any art today is that I've been doing art at home like crazy, never mind on the bus! But all projects are TOP SECRET until they get handed in.

Ada made her second card ever (the first was for her mom and dad on Valentine's Day) on the occasion of her Papa's 75th birthday. I wish I'd taken a photo of the card, too, as it seems to have been lost on the mail on the way. Ah well. Next year!

February 26, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment