05 January 2011

Have you seen me before?

January 3, 2011
After the packed hours last week of website updating and flipping through magazines for art director names, it was a relief to draw again on the bus this week. Miraculously, everyone stayed in place for twenty minutes while I drew several people. 

January 5, 2011
This morning a woman left her seat on the packed 95 going downtown. I sat down, thinking she was about to disembark, but she stayed on the bus for several more stops. I had a little fantasy that she has seen me drawing on the bus before, and gave up her seat so that I could draw. I drew: the back of a man with an attaché case and quilted coat, the bejewelled hands of a goth-dressed woman, a pink boot. 

This morning, drinking coffee as I do every morning while my daughter nurses, I looked out the window for a long while. (I bought that house for its huge garden and lovely large corner windows.) Funny thing, the snow and sky were the exact same colour, indistinguishable -- a really, really pale whitish blue. A few minutes later, I caught the moment when the snow became white, as the sun rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment